Thank you to everyone who helped make the 2018 Colorado Section Fall Workshop a success; from the Planning Committee to the speakers, attendees, and the live streaming by Brian Allmer with Barn Media. We had a great turnout with 75 people in attendance. I believe there are photos on Facebook so check out the CSSRM page.
There were a total of 28 students from four different colleges: Colorado Community College, Colorado Mesa University, Colorado State University and Southern Utah University. Students from CSU and SUU took practice tests in Plant ID & URME before the main event in Minneapolis. Good luck to all of them!
Everyone who toured the Palisade Insectary seemed to enjoy it. I know I did! If you missed the tour, Dr. Dan Bean said folks are welcome anytime. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also want to recognize the following people:
(See photos at http://www.cssrm.org/awards.html)
Recipients of the CSU Scholarships:
- Lee Goertznowsky
- Sarah LeVane
- Cody Mortell
Special Recognition Awards:
- Leininger Ranch (Summer Tour)
- Trail Boss Award– Julie Elliott
- Excellence in Rangeland Conservation – Stults Family Ranch
- Outstanding Young Professional – Hailey Wilmer
- Outstanding Publication – Crystal Tipton, et al. (Accepted by Paul Meiman)
Recognition of Outgoing Board Members:
- Outgoing President – Dan Nosal
- Past President – Josh Saunders (Past President)
- Outgoing Secretary – Dixie Crowe
- Josh Tashiro (BOD)
- Chase Dryden (BOD)
- Mysti Tatro (BOD-CSU Student Chapter President)*
- *Accepted by Sarah LeVane current club president
Announcement & Installation of new Board members:
- President – Clare Hydock
- President-Elect – Josh Tashiro
- Andee Leininger (BOD)
- Courtney Hurst (BOD)
Congratulations to all of the award recipients and many thanks to the outgoing and incoming board members!
2019 CO Section President