DEADLINE TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS FOR
2021 2ND VP & DIRECTORS
HAS BEEN EXTEND TO 12/27/2019!
SEE CALL FOR NOMINATIONS TAB FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Society for Range Management Nominating Committee annually receives nominations for the office of Second Vice President and Board of Directors from qualified voting members of SRM or from any SRM Section. After reviewing the submitted nomination packets and interviewing nominees at the annual meeting, the Nominating Committee selects 2 candidates for Second Vice President, and 4 candidates for Board of Directors and presents the list of candidates for the SRM election ballot to the Executive Vice President prior to the end of each annual meeting for approval.
Members of the SRM Nominating Committee are appointed by the First Vice President of SRM for three year terms. Nominations Committee members are normally selected to represent different geographical areas and professional occupations, thus providing a broad-based representation of the Society for Range Management’s membership. If you have any questions about the nominations process or if you would like to recommend a SRM member as a potential nominee please contact a member of our committee.
Nominations Committee Members
BoD Representative: Pat Johnson
Windy Kelley, Pinedale WY
Allan Rasmussen, Kingsville TX
Cindy Tusler, Terry MT
Chad Ellis, Ardmore OK
Bill Fox, College Station TX
Carlos Ochoa, Corvallis OR
Julie Wheeler, Sundance WY
Call for Nominations for SRM 2nd Vice President and Board Directors
The nominating committee is currently accepting nominations for Second Vice President and the Board of Directors (two positions) candidates to be interviewed on (tentatively) Sunday, February 16th at the 2020 Society for Range Management Annual Meeting, Technical Training, and Trade Show in Denver, CO.
Nominations are sought from SRM members, Committees, and Sections. A total of six candidates, two for 2nd Vice President and four for each of two Director positions, will be selected from the list of nominees submitted.
Members or Sections who wish to put forth a nomination should submit the following information for each nominee:
- Nominee’s full name, address, phone number, and email, and the office for which they are being nominated;
- 2-page (maximum) biographical sketch highlighting the nominee’s qualifications (including education, employment, professional emphasis, SRM and other activities, and honors, awards, and recognitions);
- ½-page (maximum) statement of why the nominee wants to serve as an SRM officer at this time (including nominee’s qualities, skills, and passions);
- A cover letter with:
- A statement from the nominee consenting to the nomination and asserting his/her willingness to serve;
- Evidence that the nominee’s Section, if applicable, has been notified of the nomination (this could include copying the Section on the nomination or a note from the Section acknowledging awareness of and/or support for the nomination) Additional materials, such as letters of support, will not be considered by the Nominating Committee.
The Nominating Committee will interview nominees during its meeting at the SRM Annual Meeting. Nominees are encouraged to be available and participate in these interviews. If the nominee cannot participate in the interview process, a written statement may be submitted in lieu of the interview.
The Nominating Committee will consider the following criteria in selecting candidates from the nominee pool:
- leadership skills and ability;
- active and engaged participation in SRM (committee, section, parent society level);
- diversity of experiences, geography, gender, ethnicity, professional affiliation, age, and areas of expertise.
Each nomination shall be submitted as a separate packet to the Chair of the Nominating Committee. Please send nomination packets via Email with the above information submitted as attachment(s) rather than in the body of the email message.
MEMBERS MAY NOMINATE THEMSELVES OR OTHER SRM MEMBERS.
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY THANKSGIVING (NOV. 28, 2019).
Submit nominations to Nominations Committee Chair Paul Loeffler at PVL913@yahoo.com.
Successful candidates will be informed at the Annual Meeting and announced during the Annual Meeting Membership meeting.