Research Faculty - Extension Specialist, University of Idaho, Boise, Idaho
The University of Idaho invites applications for an extension and research faculty position in rangeland ecology and management to be located the in Boise, ID. The successful applicant will be affiliated with the UI Rangeland Center, hold an appointment in the Forest, Rangeland, and Fire Sciences Department, and will be a part of University of Idaho Extension.
Rangeland Management-Rangeland Ecology Asst. Professor (tenure-track position), Chadron State College, Chadron, Nebraska
Teach undergraduate courses in rangeland management including: Introduction to Plant Science, Principles of Rangeland and Forage Management, Range Plant Identification and Lab, Grass Systematics, Habitat Inventory and Analysis and Lab, Vegetation Manipulation, Agriculture Seminar I, and Agriculture Seminar II. Active development of courses for our Essential Studies Program (ESP) program including First Year Inquiry (FYI) and Capstone courses, serve on departmental and college wide committees required. Participation in assessment at the department level and in ESP assessment required.
Postdoctoral Researcher: Post-fire recovery of mule deer habitat in juniper-invaded sagebrush-bitterbrush ecosystems
The Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Oregon State University invites applications for a full-time (1.0 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term Postdoctoral Research Associate position. The successful applicant will work with Dr. Dana Sanchez and Dr. Lisa Ellsworth, together with a collaborative research team including the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife. Reappointment for the second year or beyond is expected and depends upon annual review and availability of funding.
USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Range and Meadow Forage Management Research Unit, Burns, Oregon
The duty station for this position is Burns, Oregon in the southeastern portion of the state. The incumbent would serve as Research Leader for the Range and Meadow Forage Management Research Unit. This position offers a challenging career opportunity for a dynamic individual seeking a rangeland research leadership role. The incumbent serves as Research Leader over a complex research program providing the science for sound land and livestock management focusing on productivity, weed invasion, species composition, and water, carbon, and nitrogen cycles in rangeland and meadow plant communities of the Great Basin. Oversight includes direct supervision of unit employees to develop high quality research outcomes with impact.
Beef Cattle Research Assistant, Browns Valley, CA
The University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources, is recruiting for a Beef Cattle Research Assistant, Closing Date: 2/1/16. Full time, permanent. Manages beef cattle herd; supports research related to cattle health and production; develops, monitors and executes grazing plans at the UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center in Browns Valley, CA. For more information and to submit application, please visit; https://jobs.ucop.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=59117%20
Associate Professor or Professor, Texas A&M
Texas A&M AgriLife Research invites applications for a 12-month Associate Professor or Professor with a 100% research appointment in rangeland fire ecology. This is a full-time, budgeted position with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Lands Program Manager for the Grazing, Farming and Conservation Leasing Programs, Idaho Department of Lands
The primary duty of the Grazing, Farming, and Conservation Program Manager (Program Manager) is to provide leadership, strategic direction, policy and procedure development and general administration of the Grazing, Farming and Conservation leasing programs. These are endowment trust land management programs that currently involve more than 1,200 leases on more than 1.7 million acres of land located throughout the state.
Farm Director, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
The Department of Agriculture at Eastern Kentucky University is seeking a Director of EKU Farms whose primary background is in forage production. EKU Farms are operated primarily as an outdoor laboratory space for departmental courses. It includes the 720-acre Meadowbrook Farm that houses dairy, beef cattle, swine and sheep enterprises, greenhouses, and on-campus fruit, vegetable and turf plots.
Rangeland Ecologist, Turner Enterprises, Inc., Bozeman, MT
Incumbent will be responsible for rangeland monitoring and grazing management on Turner Ranches in the western United States. The ranch portfolio includes seventeen properties, totaling 1.9 million acres across six western states. The Range Ecologist position will develop, manage, and maintain ranch-specific grazing and rangeland conservation plans that include annual carrying capacity estimates, grazing rotations, monitoring objectives, drought contingencies, and habitat and sensitive species conservation opportunities.
Assistant/Associate Professor of Rangeland Livestock Department of Animal and Veterinary Science Department, University of Idaho
The Department of Animal and Veterinary Science at the University of Idaho invites applicants for a 12-month, tenure track position for Rangeland Livestock research and outreach at the Nancy M. Cummings Research, Extension and Education Center in Carmen, Idaho.
Responsibilities are 70% research and scholarly activity, and 30% extension and outreach responsibilities. The position will address the critical role of range livestock systems for sustainable ecology and economies of rural Idaho. The position would conduct research in range management principles to maintain or foster healthy productive rangelands including the plants and wildlife present, and extend the best management practices to livestock producers.
Plant Conservation Biology/Herbarium Director, Department of Natural Resource Management, South Dakota State University, Brookings
South Dakota State University is recruiting a 9-month Assistant Professor, Plant Conservation Biology/Herbarium Curator, with a 60% teaching, 40% research appointment.
Job responsibilities include developing a collaborative, extramurally funded competitive research program that will incorporate prairie and grassland habitat management with the overall goal of contributing to the preservation of plant biodiversity of the Great Plains.
Conservation and Land Management Internship Program
CLM Internship Program is now accepting applications for paid internships!
The Conservation and Land Management Internship Program is now accepting applications for 2016! Please apply online at www.clminternship.org/applying.
Would you like to put your education to use assisting in important conservation projects? Do you like to experience new landscapes, habitats, and species diversity? The CLM Internship Program is a wonderful opportunity to begin a career in botany, wildlife biology, natural resource management and conservation!
The Nature Conservancy – Zumwalt Ecology Technician – Enterprise, OR
The Zumwalt Ecology Technician works closely with the NE Oregon Ecologist in planning and executing inventory, monitoring, and research projects which inform conservation efforts on a working landscape across a variety of land ownerships on the Zumwalt Prairie in NE Oregon.
|Natural Resources Technician, Summit Lake Paiute Tribe, Summit Lake Indian Reservation/ Sparks, NV||William Cowan, (775) 827-9670, email@example.com||April 1, 2016|
|Creel Census Taker, Summit Lake Paiute Tribe, Summit Lake Indian Reservation/ Sparks, NV||William Cowan, (775) 827-9670, firstname.lastname@example.org||April 1, 2016|
|Rangeland Watershed Initiative Partner Biologist, Point Blue Conservation Science||Bre Owens, (530) 514-3107, email@example.com||Feb. 14, 2016|
|Field Botanist - Riparian & Sagebrush Steppe, Salmon Valley Stewardship, Salmon, Idaho||Jenny Gonyer, (208) 756-1686, firstname.lastname@example.org||March 31, 2016|
|Elk Habitat Technician, University of Idaho, Idaho||Sierra Robatcek, (970) 379-9887, email@example.com||March 1, 2016|
|Botany Technician Needed For Mule Deer Nutrition Study, University of Idaho, Starkey Experimental Forest and Range, Oregon||Jennifer Merems, (520) 977-6296, firstname.lastname@example.org||April 13, 2016|
|Range Monitoring/Animal Science Agent, Gila County Cooperative Extension, Globe, AZ||Mori Farmer, (928) 474-4160, email@example.com||Until Filled|
|Beef Cattle Research Assistant, UC Sierra Foothill Research and Extension Center, Browns Valley, CA||Megan Osbourn, (530) 639-8800, firstname.lastname@example.org||Feb. 1, 2016|
|Rangeland and Animal Science Technician (summer), South Dakota State University, Mobridge and Cottonwood, SD||Jameson Brennan, (605) 394-2236, email@example.com||March 20, 2016|
|GIS Analyst/Environmental Scientist, Adams Environmental, Inc., San Antonio, TX||Sable Kitchen, (210) 858-6873, firstname.lastname@example.org||Jan. 29, 2016|
|Summer seasonal field jobs! starting at $15.31/hr. Tight windows to apply, in January. Salmon-Challis National Forest, Leadore, Salmon, Challis and Mackay, ID||Faith Ryan, (208) 756-5562, email@example.com||Feb. 29, 2016|
|Rangeland Management-Rangeland Ecology Faculty, Chadron State College, Chadron, Nebraska||Gayle Stetson, (308) 432-6224, firstname.lastname@example.org||Jan. 20, 2016|
|Wallowa County Vegetation Manager, Wallowa County, Enterprise, OR||Lindsey Jones, (541) 426-8053, email@example.com||Jan. 8, 2016|
|Range Ecology Technician, University of Idaho, Southern Idaho||Anthony Locatelli, (262) 617-6095, firstname.lastname@example.org||Jan. 8, 2016|
|Graduate Research Assistant – Ph.D. in Integrated Forage and Weed Management, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.||Joe Brummer, (970) 491-4988, email@example.com||Feb. 1, 2016|
|Rangeland Inventory Technician, Gaia Eco-Services LLC, Nebraska||Wade Anderson, (308) 665-5445, firstname.lastname@example.org||May 15, 2016|
|State Lands/Rangeland Intern, Washington Department of Natural Resources, Eastern Washington||Emma Barnett, (509) 237-1571, email@example.com||Jan. 17, 2016|
|Assistant Professor, Botany/Range Management, Science Department, Valley City State University, Valley City, ND||Alice Beauchman, (701) 845-7452, firstname.lastname@example.org||Jan. 15, 2016|
|Assistant Professor, Plant Conservation Biologist/Herbarium Curator, Department of Natural Resource Management, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD||Pat Johnson, (605) 394-2236, email@example.com||Nov. 15, 2015|
|University Farm & Ranch Manager, Angelo State University, San Angelo, Texas||Jessica Harlin, (325) 942-2168, firstname.lastname@example.org||Open until filled|
|Assistant/Associate Professor Remote Sensing Science, University of Nevada, Reno||Diana Arrendale, (775) 784-4020, email@example.com||Dec. 1, 2015|
|Regenerative Ranching Apprenticeship, San Juan Ranch, Saguache, Colorado||Sarah Wentzel-Fisher, (505) 820-2544, firstname.lastname@example.org||Dec. 1, 2015|
|Conservation and Land Management Intern, Chicago Botanic Garden, Western United States||Rebecca Johnson, (847) 835-6873, email@example.com||Jan. 15, 2016|
|Sales Professional, Bamert Seed Co, Muleshoe, TX - More info: http://goo.gl/ZMz9PV||Rhett Kerby, (800) 262-9892, firstname.lastname@example.org||Dec. 31, 2015|
|Conservation Technician, West Greeley Conservation District, Greeley||Natalie Macsalka, (970) 356-8097 ext 3, email@example.com||Oct. 12, 2015|
|Rangeland Mgmt Spclst GS09, Caddo-LBJ National Grasslands, Decatur, Texas||Austin Sewell, (940) 627-5475, firstname.lastname@example.org||Oct. 7, 2015|
|Dean, College of Agriculture, California State University, Chico (Chico, Calif.)||Kasey DeAtley, (530) 898-5112, email@example.com||Oct. 1, 2015|
|Post-Doc Grazing-Fire Interactions, USDA - ARS, Burns, Oregon||Kirk Davies, (541) 573-4074, firstname.lastname@example.org||April 2016 or until filled|
Current Job Listings:
- Research Faculty - Extension Specialist, University of Idaho, Boise, Idaho
- Rangeland Management-Rangeland Ecology Asst. Professor (tenure-track position), Chadron State College, Pine Ridge, Nebraska
- Postdoctoral Researcher: Post-fire recovery of mule deer habitat in juniper-invaded sagebrush-bitterbrush ecosystems
- USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Range and Meadow Forage Management Research Unit, Burns, Oregon
- Beef Cattle Research Assistant, Browns Valley, CA
- Associate Professor or Professor, Texas A&M
- Lands Program Manager for the Grazing, Farming and Conservation Leasing Programs, Idaho Department of Lands
- Farm Director, Eastern Kentucky University, Richmond, Kentucky
- Rangeland Ecologist, Turner Enterprises, Inc., Bozeman, MT
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Rangeland Livestock Department of Animal and Veterinary Science Department, University of Idaho
- Plant Conservation Biology/Herbarium Director, Department of Natural Resource Management, South Dakota State University, Brookings
- Conservation and Land Management Internship Program
- The Nature Conservancy – Zumwalt Ecology Technician – Enterprise, OR
- Professor and Endowed Chair in Ranch Management, King Ranch® Institute for Ranch Management (KRIRM)
- Sagebrush Shrub-Steppe Wildlife Habitat Ecologist, Assistant Professor, Tenure Track, Oregon State University – Corvallis campus
- Assistant Professor of Wildland Watershed Management, The Department of Ecosystem Science and Management, University of Wyoming
- Regional Extension Specialist, Western Region, Grand Junction, Colorado, Colorado State University
- Dean of the College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences, Tarleton State University
- Research Technician, Arizona Cooperative Rangeland Monitoring Program, University of Arizona
- Assistant Professor of Practice – Oregon State University Extension Service Pendleton, Oregon
- Dairy Extension Faculty, Oregon State University Extension Service, Salem, OR
- Assistant Professor in Wildlife Habitat Ecology in Rangeland Systems
- Assistant Professor – Forage/Livestock, Oregon State University
- Professor/Head, Department of Natural Resource Ecology and Management (NREM), Oklahoma State University
- Agriculture and Natural Resources Area Agent (Assistant, Associate or Full)
- Range Ecologist
- Teton Regional Land Trust Seeks Land Manager
- Livestock and Natural Resources Advisor, Serving Siskiyou County, CA
- Rangeland Fire and Wildlife Ecologist, Kansas Forest Service, Department of Horticulture, Forestry and Recreation Resources, Kansas State University
- BLM Range Management DHA Internship – Intergovernmental Internship Cooperative, Multiple Locations
- Range Ecologist – Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory, Montrose CO
- Research Technician – Faculty Position in Rangeland Ecology and/or Environmental Science
- Research Technician – Temporary, Arizona Strip, The University of Arizona, School of Natural Resources and the Environment
- Sycan Marsh Preserve Manager, Oregon
- Department Head, Forest and Rangeland Stewardship, Colorado State University
- Assistant Professor of Rangeland and Forest Watershed Management (position number 1097), University of Wyoming
- Assistant Professor, College of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Animal and Rangeland Science, Oregon State University Extension Service
- Assistant Cooperative Extension Specialist in Rangeland Management, University of California - Davis
- Research Soil Scientist, Research Rangeland Management Specialist, Agricultural Research Service, USDA
- Range and Forage Production Manager, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center, University of Nebraska, Clay Center, NE
- Park Land Manager, Travis County, Texas
- University of Idaho – Director of the Policy Analysis Group, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- FREE LISTINGS
Earn your master’s from a leader in sustainability and natural resources.
Learn more about Colorado State University’s online Natural Resource Stewardship–Rangeland Ecosystems Specialization and Integrated Resource Management programs.