The Society for Range Management Nominating Committee annually receives nominations for the office of Second Vice President and Board of Directors from qualified voting members of SRM or from any SRM Section. After reviewing the submitted nomination packets and interviewing nominees at the annual meeting, the Nominating Committee selects 2 candidates for Second Vice President, and 4 candidates for Board of Directors and presents the list of candidates for the SRM election ballot to the Executive Vice President prior to the end of each annual meeting for approval.
Members of the SRM Nominating Committee are appointed by the First Vice President of SRM for three year terms. Nominations Committee members are normally selected to represent different geographical areas and professional occupations, thus providing a broad-based representation of the Society for Range Management’s membership. If you have any questions about the nominations process or if you would like to recommend a SRM member as a potential nominee please contact a member of our committee.
Nominations Committee Members
Committee Term February 2016 – 2018
Call for Nominations for SRM 2nd Vice President and Board Directors
The nominating committee is currently accepting nominations for Second Vice President and the Board of Directors (two positions) candidates to be interviewed on Sunday January 29th at the 2017 Annual Society for Range Management meeting in St. George, UT. Please send nomination contact information to Dr. Morgan Russell at email@example.com.
Nominations are sought from SRM members, Committees, and Sections. A total of six candidates, two for 2nd Vice President and four for each of two Director positions, will be selected from the list of nominees submitted.
Members or Sections who wish to put forth a nomination should submit for each nominee:
- Nominee’s full name, address, phone number, and email, and the office for which they are being nominated;
- 2-page (maximum) biographical sketch highlighting the nominee’s qualifications (including education, employment, professional emphasis, SRM and other activities, and honors, awards, and recognitions);
- ½-page (maximum) statement of why the nominee wants to serve as an SRM officer at this time (including nominee’s qualities, skills, and passions);
- A cover letter with:
- A statement from the nominee consenting to the nomination and asserting his/her willingness to serve;
- Evidence that the nominee’s Section, if applicable, has been notified of the nomination (this could include copying the Section on the nomination or a note from the Section acknowledging awareness of and/or support for the nomination) Additional materials, such as letters of support, will not be considered by the Nominating Committee.
Members may nominate themselves or other SRM members.
The Nominating Committee will interview nominees during its meeting at the SRM Annual Meeting. Nominees are encouraged to be available and participate in these interviews. If the nominee cannot participate in the interview process, a written statement may be submitted in lieu of the interview.
The Nominating Committee will consider the following criteria in selecting candidates from the nominee pool:
- leadership skills and ability;
- active and engaged participation in SRM (committee, section, parent society level);
- diversity of experiences, geography, gender, ethnicity, professional affiliation, age, and areas of expertise.
Each nomination shall be submitted as a separate packet to the Chair of the Nominating Committee. The preferred method of submission for nomination packets is via Email with the above information submitted as attachment(s) in MSWord or WordPerfect rather than in the body of the email message. Nomination packets may also be submitted by mail.
Submit nominations Dr. Morgan Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be informed at the Annual Meeting and announced during the Annual Meeting Membership meeting.